Thursday, July 10, 2008

Blog Confessions

This is the real deal about this blog --my first.

I committed to doing a blog when I ran for delegate. I truly wanted to share my experiences with Democrats throughout North Carolina who wouldn't have the opportunity to go to Denver. I know I would want to know the "skinny"-- what it truly looked and felt and sounded and even smelled like. But... here is my confession: I hate to write.

Writing has always been a struggle for me. I envy people whose thoughts flow out of their fingertips onto the page (now the screen). Even though I am a fat, short person without much money or talent (truly in all honesty), if there is one thing I would have wished for in my life, it would be fluency : the ability to write with "eloquence: powerful and effective language."

So, writing this blog is not easy for me. It's way outside my comfort zone. Expect to find me whining about this from time to time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Writing may feel like a struggle for you, but I think your writing is fantastic! Wow! I don't say that often, either, since I was an English major, and I am unimpressed with mere grammatical correctness.

Betsy